COLOR GEL COLLECTION
1 each of our 54 Color Gels at a 10%!
We are very proud of our latest addition to our gel family: our highly pigmented color gel. If you prefer to work from a pot, this one is for you!
- Can be soaked or filed off
- Most shades cover in one coat
- Slightly thicker viscosity than our Gel Polish
- Great for full color or nail art
- Can be encapsulated
- Mix with our Gel Polish or Art Gels to create endless shades
- Please note: There is currently no color associated with number #037
Please note that all though we do our very best to present our colors as accurately as possible, due to inconsistencies from screen to screen, colors may not be exactly as they appear to you.
PLEASE NOTE: #050 Color Gel appears bright pink on the lid, but is similar to our gel polish #045.
APPLICATION OVER NATURAL NAILS:
- Have your client thoroughly wash & dry their hands. Lightly push back the proximal fold with our Ugly Duckling Cuticle Tool or C-Curve Tool.
- Gently Etch the nail plate with our Ugly Duckling Medium Zebra File. If you prefer using our e-file, a Medium Arbor Sanding Band works great!
- Remove all dust. Do not use a cleanser that contains oil.
- Apply Ugly Duckling Prep to all 10 nails.
- Apply Ugly Duckling Primer to all 10 nails.
- Apply 1 coat of Natural Base or Build-A-Base being sure to wrap the edges and cure for 60 seconds in your Ugly Duckling LED Gel Lamp. Do not remove the inhibition layer from the cured base.
- Apply Color Gel sparingly. Stroke evenly on the nail, making sure to wrap the edge of the natural nail. Apply 4 fingers and cure. Repeat on the other hand. Apply both thumbs and cure for 60 seconds in your Ugly Duckling LED Gel Lamp. Be sure each coat has a full cure: freeze-curing, or applying the product too generously may cause the product to wrinkle.
- Apply 1-3 coats until desired coverage is acheived.
- Top with your choice of Ugly Duckling Top Coat and cure for 60 seconds.
- If using our Tacky Top or Matte Top Coat: once fully cured, allow the nails to "cool" for about 45-60 seconds before cleansing the inhibition layer with our Gel Cleanse. Cleansing too soon after the final cure can risk the top coat dulling (Tacky Top) or not appearing as matte as possible (Matte Top Coat).
APPLICATION OVER ACRYLIC, SCULPTING GEL, VELVETEEN ACRYGEL & BUILD-A-BASE:
Although our Color Gels are a soakable formulation, we prefer to remove by filing. This minimizes over-exposure to chemicals. We suggest using a hand file or an e-file, whichever you feel most comfortable with.