Unbelievable strength and durability! Your natural nail clients will love you even more that they already do! Same great product - with an adorable new name!
- 15ml bottle
- Formerly called "Builder Base"
- Extend the natural nail
- Create a smooth surface
- Repair damaged nails
- Add strength
- Great base for our Sculpting Gel and Velveteen Acrygel systems
- Pairs perfectly with our Gel Polish and Color Gels
- Have your client thoroughly wash & dry their hands. Lightly push back the proximal fold with our Ugly Duckling Cuticle Tool or C-Curve Tool.
- Gently Etch the nail plate with our Ugly Duckling Medium Zebra File. If you prefer using our e-file, a Medium Arbor Sanding Band works great!
- Remove all dust - dust is the enemy! Do not use a cleanser, as most cleansers contain oil. Do not use acetone or alcohol either as these products can smooth the surface of the nail plate too much.
- Apply Ugly Duckling Prep to all 10 nails.
- Apply Ugly Duckling Primer to all 10 nails.
- Apply 1 thin coat of Build-A-Base in Clear to the nail plate and fully cure in your Ugly Duckling LED Gel Lamp for 60 seconds.
- Continue to apply additional coats for added strength, or build structure on the nail with your desired Build-A-Base color of choice, or use as a base to sculpt your Acrygel or Sculpting Gel enhancements over. Fully cure in your Ugly Duckling LED Gel Lamp for 60 seconds.
- If application is not as smooth as you would like, finish file with an Ugly Duckling Medium grit Premium Zebra File or if you prefer an e-file, a Medium grit Arbor Sanding Band works great! Finish with your favorite Ugly Duckling Gel Polish or Color Gel.
I love the build a base! easy to use, best for gel overlay!
It's really good quality but it's a bit hard to get after you use 2/3 of the bottle. Come out quite thick so you can use your builder brush to apply. Need to soak in hot water before use in Winter for sure. Still my no.1 brand anyway !
Literally a great product!
I love the thick consistency and it is very strong and protects your natural nails flawlessly two thumbs up great quality product! And I don't usually give reviews but I love this company
From M&Co Esthetics
So far it’s been amazing, still leaning & looking forward to trying all your products. So happy I made the switch from CND