Our odorless liquid is just that - odorless! Perfect for sculpting a classic, clear acrylic nail.
- Recommended for use only with our Clear Acrylic Power
- Slow rate of evaporation renders this product essentially odorless
- Ratio: 1 part liquid - 2 parts powder
PLEASE NOTE: This product cannot be shipped to a PO Box. Dangerous Goods - Air Shipments - additional shipping fees may apply to this item.
- Not recommended for use with our Colored Acrylics.
- Have your client thoroughly wash & dry their hands. Lightly push back the proximal fold with our Ugly Duckling Cuticle Tool or C-Curve Tool.
- Gently Etch the nail plate with our Ugly Duckling Medium Zebra File. If you prefer using our e-file, a Medium Arbor Sanding Band works great!
- Remove all dust. Do not use a cleanser that contains oil.
- Apply Ugly Duckling Prep to all 10 nails.
- Apply Ugly Duckling Primer to all 10 nails. (If you are applying Premium Fit Tips: apply Primer after applying the tips.)
- Apply Ugly Duckling Premium Fit Tips or Forms.
- Using your favorite Ugly Duckling Acrylic Brush, Odorless Liquid and Premium Acrylic Powder in Clear, pick up a pearl of product. Be sure to release the majority of the liquid from your brush on paper towel. Use less liquid and more powder. The "perfect" pearl of Odorless Acrylic will appear dry. Once placed on the nail, the liquid will disperse through the pearl.
- When working with Odorless, the product can tend to be slightly sticky. After cleaning your brush in the liquid and wiping on your towel (while working your nail) give it a quick dip in the powder to stop it from sticking, just like using flour when making pastry.
- Odorless will dry with a "tacky" layer. You may even think it hasn't set, or that it isn't drying - but if you give it a tap with your brush handle, you will see that it is actually hard. To eliminate the tacky layer so it files more like a traditional acrylic, wait for the product on both hands to full set, then expose the nails to water. If you choose not to use the water technique, you will need to apply a little extra product to take into account the removal of the tacky layer that will roll off when you file, exposing the underlying hardened product.
- Finish file the nail wth an Ugly Duckling Coarse or Medium grit Zebra File. If you prefer an e-file, a Medium grit Arbor Sanding Band works great!
- Buff the nail with an Ugly Duckling Coarse or Medium grit Buffer and remove all traces of dust.
- Finish the nail with Ugly Duckling Gel Polish or Color Gel and/or seal it with your choice of Tacky Top, No Wipe or Matte topcoat.
Q: Help! My Odorless nails aren't setting!
A: This can be a common misconception, especially for those who may not be used to working with an odorless product. As odorless sets, it begins to form a "tacky" layer due to the slower evaporation rate of the odorless monomer. Although this tacky layer can make the nail appear to be unset, the underlyimg product will be hardened and ready to file. To minimize this "tacky"layer, and make it file more like a traditional acrylic nail, you can simply expose the nail(s) to water once they have fully set. Alternatively, you can apply your product slightly thicker than normal to allow for the tacky layer to be "sloughed" off before finish filing the underlying product.
Q: Why is Odorless recommended to use only with Clear acrylic powder?
A: Odorless enhancements, not limited to just our own system, can have a tendency to discolor over time simply due to the chemical makeup of the odorless liquid. For this reason, we suggest using only clear to sculpt with, then finishing the nail(s) with Gel Polish or Color Gel. Discoloration/yellowing can be more noticeable over Fufu, Pink and White acrylics.
Q: Does the Odorless system work the same as the Premium (traditional) system?
A: The Odorless product ratio is 1:2 - this means using 1 part liquid, to 2 parts powder. Work drier with Odorless for best control of the product while sculpting. Our Premium acrylic system works with a 2:1 ratio.
Great experience Low evaporation and no odor.