UGLY DUCKLING UV/LED GEL POLISH
UGLY DUCKLING GEL POLISH
The best of the best! When applied properly, you'll have no running, shrinking, or peeling.These next generation gel polishes are so pigmented, there is no waste - a little goes a long way! Goes on like a polish - no need to freeze cure (in fact, we don't recommend it).
For best results, we recommend curing in our Ugly Duckling Gel lamp for 30 - 60 seconds. Always better to over cure than under cure!
Also fabulous for gel art. We just can't say enough about it!
Our gel polish is 100% gel with pigment. Does not contain any polish. Great adhesion and durability.
APPLICATION: This is what we do...
- Clean the nail plate. Push back cuticle with our Ugly Duckling Cuticle Tool.
- Etch the nail plate with our Ugly Duckling Medium Zebra File. If you prefer to use a buffer, our Ugly Duckling Coarse Buffer will work fine, as long as it is new and not worn. If you prefer an e-file, a medium arbor band works great!
- Remove all dust (dust is the enemy!) Do not use a cleanser. Cleansers contain oil. If you feel you need an extra clean, we recommend 50-70% alcohol.
- Apply Ugly Duckling Prep to all 10 fingers.
- Apply Ugly Duckling Primer to all 10 fingers.
- Apply 1 coat of our Natural Base gel and cure. Be sure to wrap the edges.
- Apply gel polish directly over the tacky layer. Apply sparingly. Wipe one side of the polish brush completely, and 1/3 – ½ the other side of the brush. Stroke evenly on the nail, making sure to wrap the edges of the nail. Apply 4 fingers and cure. Repeat on second hand. Apply both thumbs and cure. Just be sure that each coat has a full cure. "Freeze" curing may cause the product to wrinkle.
- Apply two or three coats until desired coverage is achieved.
- Top with your choice of Ugly Duckling Gel Topcoat - No Wipe (tackless), or UV Matte Topcoat and cure.
- Allow the fully cured Topcoat to cool before removing tacky layer if necessary. If you remove it too soon, you run the risk of it dulling.
- Remove tacky layer with our Ugly Duckling Gel Cleanser.
Acrylic or Hard Gel Nails:
- Apply gel polish directly over dust free enhancement. Remove all dust (dust is the enemy!) Do not use a cleanser. Cleansers contain oil. Do not use alcohol, as it will soften the grooves and create too smooth a surface for maximum adhesion.
- Finish your enhancement with our Ugly Duckling Medium Zebra file, or if you prefer an e-file, the medium arbor band.
- We do not use the Prep, Primer or Basecoat over enhancements Just go directly to polish application and follow steps 7 - 10 above.
We prefer to remove by filing. Hand file or e-file, whatever you are comfortable with.
If you prefer to soak, here are some general instructions:
- Prepare the fingers by covering surrounding skin and cuticles in Vaseline.
- Use a cotton pad saturated in acetone, and wrap with tin foil. Using our 2 in 1 Base/Top on natural nails without our primer removal takes about 5 minutes. 8 minutes with our primer.
- After soaking, our gel polish removes beautifully just with a cuticle stick.
Please feel free to contact us for more information and product support.
Your success is our reward!