BASE & TOP COATS
- Have your client thoroughly wash & dry their hands. Lightly push back the proximal fold with our Ugly Duckling Cuticle Tool or C-Curve Tool.
- Gently Etch the nail plate with our Ugly Duckling Medium Zebra File. If you prefer using our e-file, a Medium Arbor Sanding Band works great!
- Remove all dust - dust is the enemy! Do not use a cleanser, as most cleansers contain oil. Do not use acetone or alcohol either as these products can smooth the surface of the nail plate too much.
- Apply Ugly Duckling Prep to all 10 nails.
- Apply Ugly Duckling Primer to all 10 nails.
- Apply 1-2 coats of our Natural Base and cure in our Ugly Duckling LED Lamp for 60 seconds.
- Finish with your favorite Ugly Duckling Gel Polish or Color Gel, or use as a base to sculpt your Acrygel or Sculpting Gel enhancements over.
Q: What is the difference between your gel base products: Natural Base and Build-A-Base?
A: Great question! Both base gels are wonderful for an added adhesion layer when sculpting with our Premium Sculpting Gel or Acrygel systems. They also both work great for a base under our Gel Polish and Color Gel systems over natural nails or to apply our Tipeez Tips with! The main difference between the two is their viscosity: Natural Base is a medium viscosity, formulated to be used as a base gel under gel polish, color gel, sculpting gel and acrygel. Build-A-Base is thicker in viscosity and although it is formulated for the similar uses as Natural Base, Build-A-Base can also be used to repair cracked nails, extend a free edge, or even fully sculpt with! Its a great choice also, for clients who may have naturally soft nails that need a bit of added strength for a natural nail gel polish application.