GEL POLISH #215
- Highly pigmented
- Flawless coverage
- Great for nail art
- LED &UV curable
- Pairs perfectly with our Builder Base
Our gel polish bottles were designed with storage and strength in mind: our sleek square bottle makes storage in drawers and racks a breeze, while our thicker glass bottles offer reinforced protection against knocky-downy-boo-boos (aka dropped bottles)
Each tip pictured has 2 coats of gel polish. One is topped with our No Wipe, and one is topped with our award winning Matte!
Please note that all though we do our very best to present our colors as accurately as possible, due to inconsistencies from screen to screen, colors may not be exactly as they appear to you.
APPLICATION OVER NATURAL NAILS:
- Have your client thoroughly wash & dry their hands. Lightly push back the proximal fold with our Ugly Duckling Cuticle Tool or C-Curve Tool.
- Gently Etch the nail plate with our Ugly Duckling Medium Zebra File. If you prefer using our e-file, a Medium Arbor Sanding Band works great!
- Remove all dust. Do not use a cleanser that contains oil.
- Apply Ugly Duckling Prep to all 10 nails.
- Apply Ugly Duckling Primer to all 10 nails.
- Apply 1 coat of Natural Base or Build-A-Base being sure to wrap the edges and cure for 60 seconds in your Ugly Duckling LED Gel Lamp. Do not remove the inhibition layer from the cured base.
- Apply Gel Polish sparingly. Wipe one side of the polish brush completely clean, and 1/3 - 1/2 of the other side. Stroke evenly on the nail, making sure to wrap the edge of the natural nail. Apply 4 fingers and cure. Repeat on the other hand. Apply both thumbs and cure for 60 seconds in your Ugly Duckling LED Gel Lamp. Be sure each coat has a full cure: freeze-curing, or applying the product too generously may cause the product to wrinkle.
- Apply 1-3 coats until desired coverage is acheived.
- Top with your choice of Ugly Duckling Top Coat and cure for 60 seconds.
- If using our Tacky Top or Matte Top Coat: once fully cured, allow the nails to "cool" for about 45-60 seconds before cleansing the inhibition layer with our Gel Cleanse. Cleansing too soon after the final cure can risk the top coat dulling (Tacky Top) or not appearing as matte as possible (Matte Top Coat).
- Finish shaping your enhancement with our Ugly Duckling Medium grit Zebra File or if you prefer an e-file, our Medium grit Arbor Sanding Bands work great! Do not buff or finish the nail with anything finer than a Medium grit or you may risk the polish peeling.
- Remove all dust. Do not use a cleanser on the surface of the enhancement. Do not use alcohol or acetone as it will soften the grooves and create too smooth a suface for maximum adhesion. Apply Gel Polish directly over the dust-free enhancements.
- We do not use Prep, Primer or Base Coat over enhancements prior to Gel Polish application. Simply shape/finish file and follow steps 7-10 from above "over natural nails".
APPLICATION OVER ACRYLIC, SCULPTING GEL, VELVETEEN ACRYGEL & BUILD-A-BASE:
Although our gel polishes are a soakable formulation, we prefer to remove by filing. This minimizes over-exposure to chemicals. We suggest using a hand file or an e-file, whichever you feel most comfortable with.