The best of both world's! Velveteen is our rendition of a gel/acrylic hybrid. A great option for those looking for an scent-free product.
- Easy to file
- Sculpts like acrylic, cures like gel
- Work at your own pace
- Best paired with our Premium Fit Tips for extensions
- File off for removal
See page 12 of our manual for application instructions.
- Have your client thoroughly wash & dry their hands. Lightly push back the proximal fold with our Ugly Duckling Cuticle Tool or C-Curve Tool.
- Gently Etch the nail plate with our Ugly Duckling Medium Zebra File. If you prefer using our e-file, a Medium Arbor Sanding Band works great!
- Remove all dust. Do not use a cleanser that contains oil.
- Apply Ugly Duckling Prep to all 10 nails.
- Apply Ugly Duckling Premium Fit Tips.
- Apply Ugly Duckling Primer to all 10 nails.
- Squeeze the desired amount of Velveteen from the tube, slice with the spatula side of the Velveteen Brush and transfer to the nail.
- Lightly moisten the Velveteen Brush with Ugly Duckling Gel Cleanse. Press, pat and smooth the Velveteen in to place. Note: The Gel Cleanse is simply to keep your brush from sticking to the Acrygel, and not to be used like a monomer.
- Apply 4 nails, and cure 60-90 seconds in your Ugly Duckling LED Lamp. Cure time will depend on product thickness. Apply both thumbs and cure.
- Finish file the nail with an Ugly Duckling Coarse or Medium grit Zebra File. If you prefer an e-file, a Medium grit arbor sanding band works great!
- Buff the nail with an Ugly Duckling Coarse or Medium Buffer and remove all traces of dust with a dust brush, or have your client wash their hands thoroughly.
- Finish the nail with Ugly Duckling Gel Polish, or seal it with your choice of Tacky Top, No Wipe or Matte Top Coat.