The best of both worlds! Velveteen is our rendition of a gel/acrylic hybrid. A great option for those looking for a scent-free product.
- Easy to file
- Sculpts like acrylic, cures like gel
- Work at your own pace
- Best paired with our Premium Fit Tips for extensions
- File off for removal
See page 12 of our manual for application instructions.
- Have your client thoroughly wash & dry their hands. Lightly push back the proximal fold with our Ugly Duckling Cuticle Tool or C-Curve Tool.
- Gently Etch the nail plate with our Ugly Duckling Medium Zebra File. If you prefer using our e-file, a Medium Arbor Sanding Band works great!
- Remove all dust. Do not use a cleanser that contains oil.
- Apply Ugly Duckling Prep to all 10 nails.
- Apply Ugly Duckling Premium Fit Tips.
- Apply Ugly Duckling Primer to all 10 nails.
- Squeeze the desired amount of Velveteen from the tube, slice with the spatula side of the Velveteen Brush and transfer to the nail.
- Lightly moisten the Velveteen Brush with Ugly Duckling Gel Cleanse. Press, pat and smooth the Velveteen in to place. Note: The Gel Cleanse is simply to keep your brush from sticking to the Acrygel, and not to be used like a monomer.
- Apply 4 nails, and cure 60-90 seconds in your Ugly Duckling LED Lamp. Cure time will depend on product thickness. Apply both thumbs and cure.
- Finish file the nail with an Ugly Duckling Coarse or Medium grit Zebra File. If you prefer an e-file, a Medium grit arbor sanding band works great!
- Buff the nail with an Ugly Duckling Coarse or Medium Buffer and remove all traces of dust with a dust brush, or have your client wash their hands thoroughly.
- Finish the nail with Ugly Duckling Gel Polish, or seal it with your choice of Tacky Top, No Wipe or Matte Top Coat.
Super interesting feeling!
I've never used acrygel before so this product is totally new to me. It's been really interesting experimenting with it! It files soooooo easily but still seems to be really strong. I can't wait to keep playing around with it.
I love this stuff! I've only briefly used acrygel before so I wasnt sure if I would like this, but I've used it to repair nails and it's amazing. I have a client whose index finger grows super downwards to the side, and creating a new nail was SO EASY with this stuff. It also files so easily that I wasn't convinced it was fully cured!
Love this product, so easy to apply.